Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Orange In Motion

My short film Orange In Motion is about the color orange, flames, and a cat. I was initially hesitant to include any cats in my short, but then I remembered what I was taught in MTD 1: The internet is made out of cats. Seeing how this film will only be viewed via the world wide web, I felt justified placing two cat shots in it. Thankfully my cat is very orange.
I wanted to tie the various shots together with something other than color, so I chose a repeating shot of an orange candle to alternate between disparate shots. While there was no attempt made at story telling, I feel that the use of flame and the color orange, combined with the excellent public domain soundtrack created by Rutger Muller, do impart a hint of emotion, perhaps even a since of urgency. All shots feature movement ranging from human and animal movement to mechanical and light movement.


All footage taken by Jesse Walsh unless noted

The shots are as follows:
1. Top of orange candle and flame (light and flame movement)
2. Orange cat with pumpkin hat meowing (animal movement)
3. Orange lighter being lit (human and mechanical movement)
4. Orange toy airplane rolling toward camera (mechanical movement)
5. Orange candle in mirror
6. Orange shirt over battery powered sander spinning on wood floor (circular movement)
7. Orange candle and flame side shot dark
8. Orange fridge magnet
9. Orange candle top shot
10. Orange leaf falling
11. Orange lighter being lit
12. Orange race car doing burnouts *from YouTube
13. Orange candle top shot
14. Orange cat chasing orange ball
15. Inside of a toaster

No comments:

Post a Comment