Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Concerts of everyday living Response

This week reading “Concerts of everyday living': Cage, Fluxusand Barthes, interdisciplinary and inter-media events” talks mostly what we watched last week in class. The author goes into telling the reader about Fluxus movements that is different forms of media. Then he goes on talking about how other artist that uses Fluxus movements in their musical performance. One the first performances were the 4’33”. It involve just sitting down and open and closing the piano, which makes the audiences listen to the things what they normally ignore, but if I was in the audiences I’ll be very ticked off because I came here to listen this piece and all get is a guy sitting down on the piano and open and closing the piano. I would’ve just got up and left the concert and ask for my money back. Then reading the rest of the article and really wouldn’t call this art I call this torture. It’s a place where you want to take your girlfriend and make her suffer in order to break up with you. I just find this kind of art really idiotic really who wants to sit or stand there for 2 or 3 hours hearing people screaming that sounds they’re giving birth, smashing things making your ears bleed, and just seeing them do nothing, which really ticks me off. All that this article talks about is really not art to me just people doing things that a 5 year old would do and if it was really art then my nephew’s and niece’s are freaking geniuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment