Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Electronic Resources Response

The first sound I heard was Etudes de Bruits. It sounded something that would come from a horror movie. It was like a music that would be a in a movie and you just knew that the suspense was about to build up. It sounded like it had the sound of a piano along with some knocking sounds along with other noises in the background. I could also hear what sounded like a bell also. The next sound I heard was Fantasy in Space. I feel like the sound went really well with its name. The song did make me think of space and I actually thought I was there searching for the unknown. The song took me on a journey and I started using my imagination. It was really cool to listen to. As to what I think which sound sounded better I would definitely have to say that Fantasy in Space was better. Etudes de Bruits was interesting but it just sounded like there were sounds being clashed together randomly and there was no creativity whatsoever. Anyone could do what they did. But with Fantasy in Space, it sounded like the artist actually put some time and thought into the work and it came out pretty well. I basically judged both of these sounds on how easily it would be for someone to duplicate them. Both of them can be duplicated but the Etudes de Bruits would be a lot easier. That’s why I think Fantasy in Space was so much better for me. Plus, I actually enjoyed listening to it all the way through as opposed to Etudes de Bruits. I cut that one off halfway because after a while it got kind of annoying to listen to. So Fantasy in Space gets my vote in being the better sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment