Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dark Things Can be Creepy



UPDATE: So I've attempted to try and upload this video three times in the past week (I've only been able to attempt it three times throughout the week) and to no avail. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I do have this video. I swear!

So I chose black as my color. I chose this color, one, because I enjoy dark colors, and two, because I have lots of black colored things. So it only felt suitable to use it. As for motions. I decided to go for a creepy feel because I have this radiator in my apartment that scares the bajeebas (sp?) out of me. And I have a really leaky faucet that starts going off randomly at night. It's relatively hard to sleep with the combination of noises. Using these two aspects, the dark objects, and eerie noises, I attempted to make this video with a very ominous mood.

I used a lot of camera motion and human motion in my video. They are both used to create a state of panic and disarray. The video starts off somewhat smooth and calm, but then jumps into a heightened pace. Hopefully this was successfully conveyed. I think it does. The shaking and erratic movements were used to give the viewer some sort of disorientation. Towards the end of the video, everything starts to calm back down. The audio was used to help amplify this creepy feeling. And towards the end, I added a clip to ease out of the creepiness quite effectively.

This was a really fun experiment to work with using different motion techniques, and though it wasn't really part of the assignment, I had a lot of fun working with the sound, too. It also helped that I got some help from my friend, Adam, who helped film the outside portions so that I could look like an idiot in the middle of the road. Hopefully you all get the mood that I tried to convey in my video!

And hopefully this video uploads already so that I can get to class... :o


No comments:

Post a Comment