Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Brad Parkkonen's Kickin' Adventure!

I know nothing about editing audio, so going into this assignment, I was pretty terrified. I looked through all the menus, all the tools and all the effects but I was still lost. I had no idea where to start. I recognized a few tools, but only because I’ve seen them used before. I didn’t know what word I was going to center my audio around nor did I know what my audio was even going to be.

I decided I would mess around with a song just to get a feel for it and picked one of my favorites. I can still remember the first time I heard the opening riff of the song The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves (the main audio track used in my audio project). The riff is a swinging, fast upbeat sound that kind of inspires hope, and I’ve had it stuck in my head all do so I decided “why not?”

When I imported the song I quickly cut out everything that wasn’t the main guitar riff and started editing that. I put on a bunch of random effects just to see what they did and it ended up sounding kind of cool. But I still needed a word. The search didn’t last long as I was scrolling through my music library and found Beastie Boys’ (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right. I uploaded that and the intro chord and words “Kick It” came to life. I used the chord throughout the audio, underneath The Adventure’s riff and in between it, putting on some cool distorted effects.

Working with the words was kind of tough. I didn’t really know how to edit them to the exact way I wanted, but I feel as though the repetition in beat with the tempo of The Adventure worked nicely and the few effects I got on them sounded alright. Overall I like the audio sample I made and I enjoy it, hopefully other people will too.



Kickin' Adventure by Brad! :D by ktharsis

No comments:

Post a Comment