Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Assignment 1 (Video Editing/Montage)

For this assignment I decided to shoot a video of my cat. My cat is the main focus of this video with my voice being heard constantly in the background. I shot this video with my computer’s web camera. I didn’t add any other audio than the sound of my voice. In the original video before I edited it, I was trying to get my cat, Juju, to move around. She was being very stubborn and had very little movement. But with the editing that I editing I did in the video it makes it look like that she did a lot of moving around. The reason why I chose the video to be focused on her is because I thought it would be different than using an actual person. With a person, you can control their movement and tell them what to do and say and they’ll understand you. With an animal such as a cat, you can’t always control what they do unless they’re trained. In this case, my cat wasn’t trained and didn’t want to move like I wanted her to, so I was forced to use a lot of editing to make it appear that way. As far as the color I decided to use just one instead of changing it. I felt like using different versions of the colors would involve too much cutting around to new clips. While the video is shot in a bronze like color my focus is pretty much black (one of the colors on my cat). At some points the color of the video does change back to its natural self which was out of my control. Apparently I could only add one effect to each scene. I also reversed some of the videos as well especially where it repeats one scene for a few times. There is one example of camera motion in the video but it is very brief. Then of course at the end of the video I gave credit to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment