Wednesday, October 5, 2011

RED Montage




I chose different details of my own daily life for this video, with a definitive Red color theme.  I tried having the camera be as still as possible for a majority of the shots, mainly because I wanted to capture motion in front of the lens instead of creating it.  A couple of the sequences are actually pictures that I took in sequence, then added to the video in seemingly appropriate areas.

There wasn't much of an overarching theme to the clips, much of it is simply meshing them together.  Some meaning can definitely be brought out of the clips though, especially once I begin showing graffiti on a curb; "An eye for an eye-", shots of Spiderman's eyes on a RedEye dispenser, "-makes the world go blind", with a fade-out from a sign for "Vision."  A couple others are also thrown in there, such as the ascending staircase before the time-lapse of water turning red is through.


I used very minimal special effects for the video, save the title screen.  The vision fade-out is how my camera captured the scene in the first place, probably due to light adjustment.  The only effects I did use were for making certain scenes go faster, such as the time-lapse of water turning red.  I doubt many people would find a 20 minute video of that kind of thing to be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment