Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bubbles

For my sound assignment, I decided to choose the word bubbles. Everything on the recording is purely my voice with some changes to pitches and things like that. I was really trying to experiment with the audacity program, but I found it kind of difficult and frustrating whenever it would freeze. So basically the video consists of me saying “bubble, bubbles” repeatedly in a bit of a beat. Sometimes it stays the same and some the pitch of my voice changes at some points. Then I made two more sounds that were associated with the word bubble. First I recorded myself doing popping noises using my lips. I made that go on repeatedly along with me saying bubbles and at one point you just hear the popping noises. Just like how the sound of my voice changed when I said bubbles, the pitch of the popping noise did as well. After that, I made snapping noises using my fingers. I used the snapping noises because I thought it sounded similar to bubbles actually popping. Plus, I really couldn’t think of any other sounds to go with the word bubble. I wish had more skill in using the audacity program because I feel like my work would have come out a lot better than the final resolution. If I had more experience and more time to do this assignment, I would still choose the same word but do some more things with it. For example, I would add a little soundtrack to go along with it in the background. I would change up the way I said bubbles a lot more. And I would also have the bubble sounds go along in some type of beat to make it a lot cooler. But since it was my first time doing this, I think I did a pretty decent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment