Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Final Paper Thoughts

Regarding the final paper for this class and considering my options for a possible topic, I looked over some of the possibilities that were given in the provided sheet. I have considered Internet history, Intertextuality, Early Film, Video or Montage. Although, my personal ultimate goal is in hopes to learn more about Interface Design. Yet, I am aware that Interface Design is perhaps a relatively new concept considering the computer history timeline that we are learning about in class, yet I am still thinking about incorporating the thought of "Interface Design" with perhaps the list that was on the provided sheet, graphic design, or open to something else, if that is more appropriate. I recently browsed through a Web Designer magazine by Imagine Publishing. I was reading an article that spoke about web developers, in general, are stronger "out in the professional world" when they incorporate a variety of disciplines. The article was called "Web design essentials" by Ben Gross and the tag line was "Success in the diverse online market demands a wide range of skills." To briefly sum the article, it mentioned about story telling, creative design, importance of a functioning architecture, innovations to be engaging, and SEO. Therefore, successfully learning all of these things is considered ideal within this article.

Overall, as I was trying to become inspired with Final paper ideas and considering what has been said in class... At the moment, I am thinking about these as a topics so far:  "Interface Design: An Extension of communication," "UI/UX Interface design: what history offers the digital environment." Not quite sure what will work yet, but I am looking forward to suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great topic, Ann - I think you should pursue it. It won't be difficult to track down the essential resources, and it seems that you've already narrowed the topic down to a reasonable set of ideas. Next step is to look at some more resources, and create an outline.

    ReplyDelete