Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Earliest Memory

If I think back and try to remember where my computing career started, I get a few fuzzy memories. The first couple were that on my parents' desktop. I believe it was running Windows 95. The memory involves a game. Although I can't remember the game's name, I know that the player was supposed to take on the role of a mouse, move little bricks around to create a path to some cheese; all the while avoiding a cat.

The second thing I can remember is a couple of sticker type programs my dad had bought for me. The UI resembled that of paint. There was a blank canvas in which you selected a background image and the side bars contained "sticker" type object. You dragged the stickers onto the background to create your own scene. My two programs were Batman and Spider-Man.

The last thing is a faint memory of playing Super Mario Bros. with my dad on our Nintendo Entertainment System. I believe I was very young, which is why I can't remember much, I just remember the music and the image of my dad, long ago... when he had a mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment