Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Earliest Something

So originally I didn't think about being a game design major. Hell, at first I didn't think about going to college. Not many kids do, they just want to be something. They just want to automatically have a career, and never actually think that it requires some sort of instruction or guidance in order to be that sort of thing. So at first I wanted to be a Forensic Scientist. I watch so much Forensic Files when I was a kid, my mind was set. That is, until later on I realized that becoming such an esteemed title would be a lot of hard work and studying, and I really didn't want that.

Later on, when I started seriously searching for a career, I really got into writing and storytelling. I later decided I wanted to become a writer/director of film. I loved writing so it seemed only fitting to get into that sort of field.

Throughout this whole search for a career, I was always playing video games. It was just a hobby of mine of course. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I can write and direct for video games. I noticed that every time I played a game, I would critique it, saying that this would be better if it had "this" or take "that" out. Later on, after my mom remarried, my step brother was already in college for game design. Hanging out with him only furthered my desire to become a game designer. He started teaching me things he had learned about level design and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment