Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Final Paper Idea

For my final paper, I would like to explore the history of music distribution and what downloading has done to the music industry.

Early distribution includes the change from Vinyls to Cassettes, Cassettes to Cd's, and the beginning of the downloading era.

The reason I chose to explore this subject is because I recently switched my major to Radio from Game Design. Music has played such a huge part in my life since my fathers death. It is the reason I am who I am today along with some of my fathers teachings. I respect the music industry to the fullest and understand the hatred for pirating. I will admit, I am a downloader but mainly for music that is not obtainable; bands that record an EP but cannot sell it over the internet or tour to distribute it. I also use it to listen to an album by a band that I like and decide whether or not I like it enough to buy it.

1 comment:

  1. There are plenty of articles on this topic. You'll also have to find some major texts that relate. Next step is to gather up those materials and make an outline with a list of examples.

    ReplyDelete