Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Final Paper Idea

For my final paper, I was thinking about doing the evolution of technology in general. This would basically consist of computers, televisions, video games, etc. I feel like this subject would give me a lot to explore and also a lot to talk about so that I won't be stuck on anything. There's so much that comes to all these things so it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.
The other reason why I chose to do this was because computers, televisions and video games interest me. So it would be more fun to me than feel like I'm just doing an assignment just to be doing it.

1 comment:

  1. OK - it's clearly a relevant topic, but it's a little too broad. A sprawling history of technologies is too easy, and won't necessarily make a good paper. You must pick a specific angle or _attitude_ towards your topic. For example you could examine how classic television and online video differ. Or how attitudes toward (and the very definition of) computing have changed as the technology has changed, over time. Your paper wil be too much of a challenge and too easy to make a mistake of not being comprehensive enough in a mere ten pages.

    ReplyDelete