Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grace Taking Form Response

It was interesting reading this article about Etienne-Jules Marey. Knowing how he spent his life inventing

machines to measure the imperceptible, which in his definition of imperceptible that shows what the eye

can’t see that’s actually there. He soon began in the 1850s with writing machines, which I’m guessing the

writing machines were typewriters. He built a vast of experimental inventions and soon he

built a machine that focused on his practice was to “delineate the in-between movements of a

body such that it could be plotted on graph” in, which the paper says. Marey really liked testing

on the human body senses though he doesn’t trust the human senses since the human body

senses is limited.

Marey is a very intelligent person though I get lost during reading this paper since I’m not quite used to

reading these kinds of papers, but I did understand most of this paper of what its talking about.I believe Erin

Manning have to have a reward for writing this paper because I believe he’s one the few people who

actually understands Marey’s work. I think during his time people looked at him like he was nuts, since

he’s making inventions that might kill him or might hurt the people around him, but if he was during our

time scientist’s will bow down to him like a god and less of a crazy person. Hopefully soon I’ll

be able to understand most of the information that these writers write in these types of

papers, which this essay helped me extend my vocabulary by a little .

No comments:

Post a Comment